Dracula - Bram Stoker I read this in the Frankfurt International Airport during a five-hour layover. In retrospect, it was fitting because I was pretty much among the living dead, operating on close to 20 hours of no sleep after being kept awake the entire flight from the US to Germany by my goddamn seat refusing to lean back for the first half of the trip, and then by a goddamn crying baby for the last half. It was a bright and early morning when I mercifully stepped out of the Lufthansa jet, and I was abnormally pissed that so many people were so well rested, despite the crying baby. I was dying for sleep but was afraid to nap because I was pretty sure I would sleep for the next ten hours and miss my connecting flight.

Of course, I did not pack a book in my carry on, assuming I would pass out for the entire flight. Luckily, I had downloaded heaps of open source books onto my phone and randomly chose one to read to kill time.

So I read...and I read...and I read.

Even after my connecting flight was called and I checked in, I had my phone in my hand. Even after the flight attendants told me to put away electronics, I read until their nice lilting voices changed into sharper commands of please turn off your handheld device.

So yeah, the book was really good. Good enough to keep me awake until my connecting flight finally landed. Good enough to make me prowl the non-English streets of a small French village to hunt down a physical copy of the English book and pay handsome import taxes for it.

Oh, what about the book itself? It's about vampires and blood and sexual innuendos wrapped up in Victorian Gothic sensuality. And no sparkling creatures either.

Read it. I think you'll like it. And if you don't like it, at least you can brag about reading it and not liking it.