Anna Dressed in Blood - Kendare Blake Well, I found the one picture that pretty much sums up the premise of the book:

Synopsis

AMIRIGHT???

I am taking some liberties, though the picture isn't too far off the mark. Young Dean Winchester Cas Lowood is a ghost hunter. He travels around the country with his mom and cat to fight off malevolent ghosts that harm people. One day, Cas gets a tip that an especially angry spirit, called Paris Hilton Anna Dressed in Blood, is killing people. Intrigued, Cas packs up the family and his treasured knife to go on a slice and dice mission, only to fall in lurrrve with his ghostly paramour.

Similarities to the TV show Supernatural notwithstanding, I thought this was a decent read. It was action packed and creepy. Some scenes, such as the car scene with the hitchhiker and, later on, the basement scene gave me major goose bumps. The circumstances that kept Anna in the house were well written. You can't help but feel some sympathy for her, and despite her murderous tendencies, she was the most likeable character in the book.

However, there were some shortcomings that prevented the fourth star:

1. A protagonist that's way full of himself. Yeah, I understand: you kill undead things, you carry around a knife, and you're attractive. But you can be all those things without being kind of a jerk. There is a fine line between confidence and cockiness, and Cas crossed over that line quite a few times.

2. Underdeveloped supporting cast. I never really got the point of Thomas and Caramel's inclusion in the series. It just seemed that they got pushed aside in favor of Cas and Anna's romance.

3. Is it just me or is the part where Anna spared Cas never fully explained? Other than the fact that Cas had a good heart, I didn't catch on why he didn't get ripped apart. If I missed something, I would really appreciate an explanation.

Overall, 2.5 to 3 stars for decent writing and storytelling. If you're a horror fan that enjoys sprinklings of romance, I recommend this book.